AOL awards Radio Northwick Park $5,000
Monday, 26th March 2012
Radio Northwick Park has been awarded $5,000 in an AOL competition.
The competition asked AOL employees to submit a non-profit organisation which they cared about.
Chairman Matt Blank, who entered the competition, said: “It’s great to see companies reward the charities that their employees care about.”
In addition to $5,000, Radio Northwick Park will appear on the AOL homepage for one day and feature on news website The Huffington Post.
Matt said: “We hope the exposure AOL will bring us will attract new volunteers to our organisation and help more people around the UK understand the work that we and all hospital radio stations do.”
Radio Northwick Park will put the funds towards the refurbishment of its second studio.
The judges based their winner on personal connection to the organisation, future plans and how $5,000 would impact the charity.
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 8am - 9am:Weekend Breakfast- Weekend TeamJoin the weekend team as they kick-start your Saturday morning with loads of great music, chat and fun as well.
- 9am - 10am:Omar Sattaur & Ladan Sadjadi- Press StartCompleting every computer game in the world, one-by-one. Listen to Omar and Ladan take on gaming news and culture, alongside great music.
- 10am - 11am:Donna Lois- Early Morning SoulJoin Donna as she eases you into the morning with the sophisticated sounds of soul music from the past and present.
- 11am - 12pm:Request Show- Saturday Morning's RequestsThe Saturday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 12pm - 2pm:Dan Cottrell- The Saturday ShowDan is the perfect accompaniment to your Saturday lunch as he hosts an action packed, interactive, fun filled show to keep you entertained.
- 2pm - 3pm:Gary Morgan- Swing'n SaturdaySwing like the good ole days! Gary will crank up the gramophone to play records guaranteed to get you smiling and your toes tapping.
- 3pm - 6pm:Tony & The Sports Team- The Sports ShowAll the afternoon's sporting action, plus a look back at the week. Live updates throughout the show; locally, nationally and internationally.
- 6pm - 7pm:Adam Benjamin- Alternative TherapyAdam will mix things up a little as he shares with a playlist of quite literally anything.
- 7pm - 8pm:Non Stop Music- RNPAn hour of non-stop music for your listening pleasure. Everything from classic tracks to today's best new sounds.
- 8pm - 9pm:Tessa Randall- Virgin's Guide To Rock 'n' RollTessa takes you right in to the heart of the massive world of ROCK. Exploring all angles, and giving you a musical education.