AOL awards Radio Northwick Park $5,000
Monday, 26th March 2012
Radio Northwick Park has been awarded $5,000 in an AOL competition.
The competition asked AOL employees to submit a non-profit organisation which they cared about.
Chairman Matt Blank, who entered the competition, said: “It’s great to see companies reward the charities that their employees care about.”
In addition to $5,000, Radio Northwick Park will appear on the AOL homepage for one day and feature on news website The Huffington Post.
Matt said: “We hope the exposure AOL will bring us will attract new volunteers to our organisation and help more people around the UK understand the work that we and all hospital radio stations do.”
Radio Northwick Park will put the funds towards the refurbishment of its second studio.
The judges based their winner on personal connection to the organisation, future plans and how $5,000 would impact the charity.
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 7am - 8am:Sarika & Ed- Classical CollectionEd and Sarika begin the day with relaxing and uplifting classical music. Join them as they explore the life of their Composer of the Day.
- 8am - 10am:David Reece- David Reece's Breakfast PieceDavid's here every morning when you wake up! Lots of great music and features, including Wish You Were There, Trolley Travel and the Paper Review.
- 10am - 12pm:Ben Punter- Daily AllowanceTwo hours of quirky pop, classic rock & live music with an irreverent look at the world. Featuring 30 minutes of a certain music genre in The Wall of Sound.
- 12pm - 1pm:Steve Pinchen- Raiding the DecadesThinking caps on as classic tracks are played from a particular year from the '50's to the '00's with news and events too; but can you guess which year?
- 1pm - 2pm:Keith Chilvers- The Britpop SpecialJoin Keith on a journey through the music that made the 1990s. Featuring the likes of Blur, Suede, Sleeper, and Dodgy
- 2pm - 3pm:Adam Glynn & Team- Genius PlaylistThe team's accepted mission: play music in which every song is tenuously linked to the next. They'll play anything and everything so long as there's a link.
- 3pm - 4pm:Carl Gardner- SoundboardCarl presents a mixture of jazz, contemporary and classical music from this millennium and the last, and from all over the world.
- 4pm - 5pm:Adam Glynn- Beginners' Guide to RagtimeSit back, relax, and enjoy an hour of the best in Ragtime music: a genre which you might not know a lot about, but you will be very familiar with.
- 5pm - 6pm:Tyler Skerton- The Friday Night Chart ShowJoin Tyler for his run down of the top ten UK charts - plus new entries and all time anthems.
- 6pm - 7pm:Sunil Mistry- The Soul ExperienceThe inimitable Sunil presents for you a quality selection of soul & jazz/funk tunes, and a bit disco for good measure!
- 7pm - 8pm:Guy Rubin- London CallingFrom 'Oranges and Lemons' to the latest from Plan B, join Guy in exploring the highways and byways of London's rich musical heritage.
- 8pm - 9pm:Atul Radia- Laughter, The Best MedicineYour favourite music, interspersed with comedy sketches and Atul's unique sense of humour. This is sure to crack you up.
- 9pm - 10pm:Request Show- Friday Night's RequestsThe Friday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 10pm - 12am:Trevor James- It's Your WeekendTrevor brings you local events for the weekend, a look at the sporting action around town and loads of great music - all to kick start your weekend with us.