Join RNP at St Anns this Saturday
Wednesday, 2nd April 2008
On Saturday the 5th of April, Radio Northwick Park will be at St Anns Shopping Centre in Harrow between 10am and 5:30pm to mark the end of Hospital Broadcasting Week.
Hospital Broadcasting Week is dedicated to raising awareness of the work of volunteers across the country to take time, not only to play the music that patients and staff in hospitals want to hear but, to talk and spend time with them. This is especially beneficial to people who don’t get many visitors for whatever reason.
Radio Northwick Park will be broadcasting live shows back to Northwick Park Hospital from St Anns and there will be a Tombola with prizes such as DVDs, CDs and the all important cuddly toy.
There is also a collection happening at Harrow-on-the-Hill tube station where people can donate money to Radio Northwick Park before coming along to St Anns and watching how a radio show is put together and presented.
If you would like to know more about the work we do please browse the site or come along on the 5th of April where you can talk with volunteers about their experiences.
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 7am - 8am:Sarika & Ed- Classical CollectionEd and Sarika begin the day with relaxing and uplifting classical music. Join them as they explore the life of their Composer of the Day.
- 8am - 10am:RNP- Non-Stop MusicAn hour of non-stop music for your listening pleasure. Everything from classic tracks to today's best new sounds.
- 10am - 12pm:Ben Punter- Daily AllowanceTwo hours of quirky pop, classic rock & live music with an irreverent look at the world. Featuring 30 minutes of a certain music genre in The Wall of Sound.
- 12pm - 1pm:Steve Pinchen- Raiding the DecadesThinking caps on as classic tracks are played from a particular year from the '50's to the '00's with news and events too; but can you guess which year?
- 1pm - 2pm:Lauren Rich- Rockin' Your Radio21st Century American soft and alternative rock with two 80's classic rock tracks sandwiched in the middle. No ears will be harmed in the making of this show.
- 2pm - 3pm:Adam Glynn & Team- Genius PlaylistThe team's accepted mission: play music in which every song is tenuously linked to the next. They'll play anything and everything so long as there's a link.
- 3pm - 4pm:Carl Gardner- SoundboardCarl presents a mixture of jazz, contemporary and classical music from this millennium and the last, and from all over the world.
- 4pm - 5pm:Biba Hunjan- Beginners' Guide to PunkBiba Hunjan takes you back to the Britain of the Three Day Week, the Silver Jubilee, and the music at the forefront of change.
- 5pm - 6pm:Sarika Unadkat- The Live HourAn hour of tracks recorded live, and served up to you by Sarika. All the music here was definitely not made in a studio.
- 6pm - 7pm:Nadia Gyane- Nadia's Reflection HourJoin Nadia for the very best classic music to wet your musical ears, sprinkled with inspiring and encouraging messages throughout the hour!
- 7pm - 8pm:Shamal Kumal- The Urban RetreatA dose of R&B, Motown and Soul in this fun filled show. Playing loud and proud the classic sounds of Tamla, and modern day hits. It will make your soul dance.
- 8pm - 9pm:Biba Hunjan- Biba's BoutiqueOpen the door and come on in, as Biba takes you on a tour of her musical boutique!
- 9pm - 10pm:Request Show- Monday Night's RequestsThe Monday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 10pm - 11pm:Adrian Ramult- The Jazz JunctionA selection of only the coolest jazz mixes and sounds to mellow out your day. Listen in as Adrian plays you the lounge classics you know and love.
- 11pm - 12am:The Comedy Hour- Various ArtistsAfter a long day packed with music, what better way to end the day, than a good old laugh?