Join RNP at St Anns this Saturday
Wednesday, 2nd April 2008
On Saturday the 5th of April, Radio Northwick Park will be at St Anns Shopping Centre in Harrow between 10am and 5:30pm to mark the end of Hospital Broadcasting Week.
Hospital Broadcasting Week is dedicated to raising awareness of the work of volunteers across the country to take time, not only to play the music that patients and staff in hospitals want to hear but, to talk and spend time with them. This is especially beneficial to people who don’t get many visitors for whatever reason.
Radio Northwick Park will be broadcasting live shows back to Northwick Park Hospital from St Anns and there will be a Tombola with prizes such as DVDs, CDs and the all important cuddly toy.
There is also a collection happening at Harrow-on-the-Hill tube station where people can donate money to Radio Northwick Park before coming along to St Anns and watching how a radio show is put together and presented.
If you would like to know more about the work we do please browse the site or come along on the 5th of April where you can talk with volunteers about their experiences.
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 7am - 8am:Sarika & Ed- Classical CollectionEd and Sarika begin the day with relaxing and uplifting classical music. Join them as they explore the life of their Composer of the Day.
- 8am - 10am:David Reece- David Reece's Breakfast PieceDavid's here every morning when you wake up! Lots of great music and features, including Wish You Were There, Trolley Travel and the Paper Review.
- 10am - 12pm:Ben Punter- Daily AllowanceTwo hours of quirky pop, classic rock & live music with an irreverent look at the world. Featuring 30 minutes of a certain music genre in The Wall of Sound.
- 12pm - 1pm:Steve Pinchen- Raiding the DecadesThinking caps on as classic tracks are played from a particular year from the '50's to the '00's with news and events too; but can you guess which year?
- 1pm - 2pm:Keith Chilvers- The Britpop SpecialJoin Keith on a journey through the music that made the 1990s. Featuring the likes of Blur, Suede, Sleeper, and Dodgy
- 2pm - 3pm:Adam Glynn & Team- Genius PlaylistThe team's accepted mission: play music in which every song is tenuously linked to the next. They'll play anything and everything so long as there's a link.
- 3pm - 4pm:Carl Gardner- SoundboardCarl presents a mixture of jazz, contemporary and classical music from this millennium and the last, and from all over the world.
- 4pm - 5pm:Emma Brooks- Abba to ZappaJoin Emma as she explores the music of the last five decades with an alphabetical twist. Relax, have a sing, or just remember the good times.
- 5pm - 6pm:Vic Moont- The Dixieland Country ShowAn electric mix of traditional jazz and country music along with music from the golden age of song writing and the great song stylists.
- 6pm - 7pm:Steve Pinchen- One Hit WonderlandThe superb Steve is back again, but this time bringing you a plethora of one-hit wonders - those songs from artists who just seemed to disappear...
- 7pm - 8pm:Trevor James- It's Your WeekendTrevor brings you the latest local news and a round up of all the weekend's upcoming sporting action, with a great mix of music.
- 8pm - 9pm:Atul Radia- Laughter, The Best MedicineYour favourite music, interspersed with comedy sketches and Atul's unique sense of humour. This is sure to crack you up.
- 9pm - 10pm:Request Show- Friday Night's RequestsThe Friday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 10pm - 12am:Amit Gami- The Asian InvasionPrepare for Amit to raid the airwaves as he brings you the best in Asian music, to round off your Friday night in style.