Join RNP at St Anns this Saturday
Wednesday, 2nd April 2008
On Saturday the 5th of April, Radio Northwick Park will be at St Anns Shopping Centre in Harrow between 10am and 5:30pm to mark the end of Hospital Broadcasting Week.
Hospital Broadcasting Week is dedicated to raising awareness of the work of volunteers across the country to take time, not only to play the music that patients and staff in hospitals want to hear but, to talk and spend time with them. This is especially beneficial to people who don’t get many visitors for whatever reason.
Radio Northwick Park will be broadcasting live shows back to Northwick Park Hospital from St Anns and there will be a Tombola with prizes such as DVDs, CDs and the all important cuddly toy.
There is also a collection happening at Harrow-on-the-Hill tube station where people can donate money to Radio Northwick Park before coming along to St Anns and watching how a radio show is put together and presented.
If you would like to know more about the work we do please browse the site or come along on the 5th of April where you can talk with volunteers about their experiences.
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 7am - 8am:Sarika & Ed- Classical CollectionEd and Sarika begin the day with relaxing and uplifting classical music. Join them as they explore the life of their Composer of the Day.
- 8am - 10am:RNP- Non-Stop MusicAn hour of non-stop music for your listening pleasure. Everything from classic tracks to today's best new sounds.
- 10am - 12pm:Ben Punter- Daily AllowanceTwo hours of quirky pop, classic rock & live music with an irreverent look at the world. Featuring 30 minutes of a certain music genre in The Wall of Sound.
- 12pm - 1pm:Steve Pinchen- Raiding the DecadesThinking caps on as classic tracks are played from a particular year from the '50's to the '00's with news and events too; but can you guess which year?
- 1pm - 2pm:Vic Moont- 100 Years Of The London PalladiumA snapshot of artists and entertainers that have made the London Palladium the most famous variety theatre in the world over the past 100 years.
- 2pm - 3pm:Adam Glynn & Team- Genius PlaylistThe team's accepted mission: play music in which every song is tenuously linked to the next. They'll play anything and everything so long as there's a link.
- 3pm - 4pm:Carl Gardner- SoundboardCarl presents a mixture of jazz, contemporary and classical music from this millennium and the last, and from all over the world.
- 4pm - 5pm:Morwenna Cox- Beginners' Guide to BritpopAn introduction or a reminder of the tunes and the scene that made the mid to late 90's such a great time to be a music fan.
- 5pm - 6pm:Rebekah Marsh- Mid-Week MuddleWind down the afternoon with a mid-week mixtape. With features like 'cover by another brother' and 'blast on the half past'.
- 6pm - 7pm:Tony McNab- The Take OverFor one hour, the airwaves belongs to Tony - as he plays a selection of tunes you're sure to love. Tune in, and find out what he has in store for you this week!
- 7pm - 8pm:Stuart Kent- Music From The ShedGreat songs from the 1990's, 1980's and 1970's...in that order! You can count on the fact that this show never does anything by halves.
- 8pm - 9pm:Sital Ladva- Sounds From The StreetA Megamix music hour playing a random mix of music ranging from Old Skool R'n'B to 80's pop and right up to today's hottest sounds from the street.
- 9pm - 10pm:Request Show- Wednesday Night's RequestsThe Wednesday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 10pm - 11pm:Nick Edwards- The Eclectic BallroomNick plays songs from across the musical spectrum for your aural pleasure. There is only one rule: if it's good, he'll play it.
- 11pm - 12am:The Comedy Hour- Various ArtistsAfter a long day packed with music, what better way to end the day, than a good old laugh?