RNP joins forces with Alan Senitt Trust
Wednesday, 17th February 2010
For the first time ever, Radio Northwick Park will be joining forces with another charity to hold a joint fundraising event.
The charity will be organising a quiz with the Alan Senitt Memorial Trust, a charity that supports interfaith dialogue and education, combats anti-Semitism and islamaphobia and facilitates sporting activities among disadvantaged youngsters.
Chairman Matt Blank said: “The idea is to raise more money for both charities, create a greater awareness within the local community and potentially put on a larger event than we would have done individually.”
Details of the quiz, including a date and venue will be announced soon, but needless to say both charities are quite excited and looking forward to working so closely with another local charity.
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 7am - 8am:Sarika & Ed- Classical CollectionEd and Sarika begin the day with relaxing and uplifting classical music. Join them as they explore the life of their Composer of the Day.
- 8am - 10am:RNP- Non-Stop MusicAn hour of non-stop music for your listening pleasure. Everything from classic tracks to today's best new sounds.
- 10am - 12pm:Ben Punter- Daily AllowanceTwo hours of quirky pop, classic rock & live music with an irreverent look at the world. Featuring 30 minutes of a certain music genre in The Wall of Sound.
- 12pm - 1pm:Steve Pinchen- Raiding the DecadesThinking caps on as classic tracks are played from a particular year from the '50's to the '00's with news and events too; but can you guess which year?
- 1pm - 2pm:Lauren Rich- Rockin' Your Radio21st Century American soft and alternative rock with two 80's classic rock tracks sandwiched in the middle. No ears will be harmed in the making of this show.
- 2pm - 3pm:Adam Glynn & Team- Genius PlaylistThe team's accepted mission: play music in which every song is tenuously linked to the next. They'll play anything and everything so long as there's a link.
- 3pm - 4pm:Carl Gardner- SoundboardCarl presents a mixture of jazz, contemporary and classical music from this millennium and the last, and from all over the world.
- 4pm - 5pm:Biba Hunjan- Beginners' Guide to PunkBiba Hunjan takes you back to the Britain of the Three Day Week, the Silver Jubilee, and the music at the forefront of change.
- 5pm - 6pm:Sarika Unadkat- The Live HourAn hour of tracks recorded live, and served up to you by Sarika. All the music here was definitely not made in a studio.
- 6pm - 7pm:Nadia Gyane- Nadia's Reflection HourJoin Nadia for the very best classic music to wet your musical ears, sprinkled with inspiring and encouraging messages throughout the hour!
- 7pm - 8pm:Shamal Kumal- The Urban RetreatA dose of R&B, Motown and Soul in this fun filled show. Playing loud and proud the classic sounds of Tamla, and modern day hits. It will make your soul dance.
- 8pm - 9pm:Biba Hunjan- Biba's BoutiqueOpen the door and come on in, as Biba takes you on a tour of her musical boutique!
- 9pm - 10pm:Request Show- Monday Night's RequestsThe Monday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 10pm - 11pm:Adrian Ramult- The Jazz JunctionA selection of only the coolest jazz mixes and sounds to mellow out your day. Listen in as Adrian plays you the lounge classics you know and love.
- 11pm - 12am:The Comedy Hour- Various ArtistsAfter a long day packed with music, what better way to end the day, than a good old laugh?