RNP joins forces with Alan Senitt Trust
Wednesday, 17th February 2010
For the first time ever, Radio Northwick Park will be joining forces with another charity to hold a joint fundraising event.
The charity will be organising a quiz with the Alan Senitt Memorial Trust, a charity that supports interfaith dialogue and education, combats anti-Semitism and islamaphobia and facilitates sporting activities among disadvantaged youngsters.
Chairman Matt Blank said: “The idea is to raise more money for both charities, create a greater awareness within the local community and potentially put on a larger event than we would have done individually.”
Details of the quiz, including a date and venue will be announced soon, but needless to say both charities are quite excited and looking forward to working so closely with another local charity.
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 8am - 9am:Weekend Breakfast- Weekend TeamJoin the weekend team as they kick-start your Sunday morning with loads of great music, chat and fun as well.
- 9am - 10am:Matt Blank- ShowstoppersMusic from West End, Broadway and film soundtracks. Includes show reviews, plot-lines and what's happening in our very own London's West End.
- 10am - 11am:Spencer & Lorna- All These YearsThe incomparable husband and wife pairing of Spencer and Lorna take you on a journey through music, news and memories - looking at a year in depth.
- 11am - 12pm:Sarika Unadkat- Sarika's Sunday ShuffleThe show that guarantees something for everyone, with the best selection of music which will bring variety to your ears and a smile to your face.
- 12pm - 1pm:Non Stop Music- RNPAn hour of non-stop music for your listening pleasure. Everything from classic tracks to today's best new sounds
- 1pm - 2pm:Barbara Potts- Name The PlaceA selection of songs connected to a UK location. Barbara won’t reveal where until the end of the show, but there will be plenty of clues to help you guess.
- 2pm - 4pm:Dan Cottrell- The Sunday ShowAn action packed show with features including Essential Expressions, Incredible Encounters, The Pre-Historic Chart and Novelty Showstoppers.
- 4pm - 5pm:Rikesh Patel- Original SoundtrackThe best music from original motion picture soundtracks. An eclectic mix covering Grease to Four Weddings and a Funeral; Star Wars to Carmen Jones.
- 5pm - 6pm:Malcolm Clarke- The Gospel ShowFeaturing Christian heroes, funny jokes, local church events and uplifting world music. Bringing you that little bit closer to the big man in the sky.
- 6pm - 7pm:Adam Walker- The Sunday Night QuizGive your brain a workout as you grapple with general knowledge questions and music teasers. Get in touch with Adam for a chance to win a goodie bag!
- 7pm - 8pm:Request Show- Sunday Night's RequestsThe Sunday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 8pm - 10pm:Pierre Petrou- Rock 'N' Rodeo JukeboxPlaying all your favourite hits of Rock 'n' Roll from the 1950's onwards, and bringing you right up to date with today's biggest Country tracks.
- 10pm - 11pm:Pierre & Zara- The Sunday Night Pizza ClubA meeting of minds, with music and chat. The unique world of Pierre and Zara. Actual pizza sometimes, but not always, included.
- 11pm - 12am:Melissa Lewars- Late Night MixMelissa is here to end your day and take you through to midnight with an entertaining mix of music and news.