Member rewarded and recognised
Tuesday, 7th February 2012
A Radio Northwick Park member has been recognised for his dedication and won the station £200.
Mark Sedgwick, who has been a volunteer for just under a year, won the Jack Petchey award, last week.
The Jack Petchey Foundation rewards programmes and projects that benefit young people.
Volunteers Coordinator Jade Wight said: “Mark has only been a volunteer at Radio Northwick Park for a little under a year, but he has already proved himself to be an invaluable and popular member of the team.
“Mark is a dedicated volunteer, an excellent request collector and a popular presenter. Mark exemplifies what a RNP member should do and how they should act and is well deserving of this award.”
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 7am - 8am:Sarika & Ed- Classical CollectionEd and Sarika begin the day with relaxing and uplifting classical music. Join them as they explore the life of their Composer of the Day.
- 8am - 10am:RNP- Non-Stop MusicAn hour of non-stop music for your listening pleasure. Everything from classic tracks to today's best new sounds.
- 10am - 12pm:Ben Punter- Daily AllowanceTwo hours of quirky pop, classic rock & live music with an irreverent look at the world. Featuring 30 minutes of a certain music genre in The Wall of Sound.
- 12pm - 1pm:Steve Pinchen- Raiding the DecadesThinking caps on as classic tracks are played from a particular year from the '50's to the '00's with news and events too; but can you guess which year?
- 1pm - 2pm:Aaron & Adam- Vintage VinylHave an hour of crackly classics, which were all originally released on vinyl. Expect to hear forgotten favorites from the 1940s, 50s and 60s.
- 2pm - 3pm:Adam Glynn & Team- Genius PlaylistThe team's accepted mission: play music in which every song is tenuously linked to the next. They'll play anything and everything so long as there's a link.
- 3pm - 4pm:Carl Gardner- SoundboardCarl presents a mixture of jazz, contemporary and classical music from this millennium and the last, and from all over the world.
- 4pm - 5pm:Carl Gardner- Beginners' Guide to TangoCarl introduces the music of the tango from its Argentinean roots, through the golden age of the mid-20th century, to the electronic tango of this millennium.
- 5pm - 6pm:Richard Wyborn- Nice and EasyStart your evening's entertainment with a relaxing mix of easy listening and classical music cuts; including 'On This Day' and 'Fascinating Facts'.
- 6pm - 7pm:Zoe & Summer- The Zoe and Summer ShowMusic and chat with Zoe & Summer, giving you the latest in music and gossip. They bring you snippets from their lives with golden oldies and future anthems.
- 7pm - 8pm:Vic Moont- The Dixieland Country ShowA mix of traditional jazz, country music and the american song book. Features include topical themes, interviews and the odd live performance.
- 8pm - 9pm:Matt & Elliot- The Matt & Elz ShowA lively show, packed with features Cover 2 Cover, Top 10 interesting facts, word of the week and a way to beat beat boredom during your stay.
- 9pm - 10pm:Request Show- Thursday Night's RequestsThe Thursday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 10pm - 11pm:Amit Pall- The After PartyStay up for this exclusive midnight jam where Amit opens your ears to meet the beats. Defining words that hit the streets and the hype of the week.
- 11pm - 12am:Miles & Chris- The Chris & Miles ShowA late night electronic escape with big beats, smooth grooves and hard hitting sounds. Includes; Hype of the Week, Rewind and the Chris & Miles Spotlight