Member rewarded and recognised
Tuesday, 7th February 2012
A Radio Northwick Park member has been recognised for his dedication and won the station £200.
Mark Sedgwick, who has been a volunteer for just under a year, won the Jack Petchey award, last week.
The Jack Petchey Foundation rewards programmes and projects that benefit young people.
Volunteers Coordinator Jade Wight said: “Mark has only been a volunteer at Radio Northwick Park for a little under a year, but he has already proved himself to be an invaluable and popular member of the team.
“Mark is a dedicated volunteer, an excellent request collector and a popular presenter. Mark exemplifies what a RNP member should do and how they should act and is well deserving of this award.”
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 7am - 8am:Sarika & Ed- Classical CollectionEd and Sarika begin the day with relaxing and uplifting classical music. Join them as they explore the life of their Composer of the Day.
- 8am - 10am:RNP- Non-Stop MusicAn hour of non-stop music for your listening pleasure. Everything from classic tracks to today's best new sounds.
- 10am - 12pm:Ben Punter- Daily AllowanceTwo hours of quirky pop, classic rock & live music with an irreverent look at the world. Featuring 30 minutes of a certain music genre in The Wall of Sound.
- 12pm - 1pm:Steve Pinchen- Raiding the DecadesThinking caps on as classic tracks are played from a particular year from the '50's to the '00's with news and events too; but can you guess which year?
- 1pm - 2pm:Carl Gardner- The Book GroupCarl Gardner fronts this review roundtable, where our volunteers discuss their favourite books - which are then thoroughly reviewed.
- 2pm - 3pm:Adam Glynn & Team- Genius PlaylistThe team's accepted mission: play music in which every song is tenuously linked to the next. They'll play anything and everything so long as there's a link.
- 3pm - 4pm:Carl Gardner- SoundboardCarl presents a mixture of jazz, contemporary and classical music from this millennium and the last, and from all over the world.
- 4pm - 5pm:Barbara Potts- Name The PlaceA selection of songs connected to a UK location. Barbara won't reveal where until the end of the show, but there will be plenty of clues to help you guess.
- 5pm - 6pm:Wendy Sherer- The Ultimate MixtapeBefore the mp3, there was the mighty mix tape. Hop aboard the musical time machine as our American DJ shares her love for tunes that take you back.
- 6pm - 7pm:Paul Anderson- The Sound GalleryA programme of classic light music, rare soundtracks, cool spy music, great lounge vocalists, library music, TV themes, crime jazz, and a taste of exotica!
- 7pm - 8pm:Steve Pinchen- Raiding The DecadesThinking caps on as classic tracks are played from a particular year from the '50's to the '00's with news and events too; but can you guess which year?
- 8pm - 9pm:Charles Biggie- Off The RecordFocusing on a Rock feel, this is a mix of familiar and obscure album tracks, including a featured classic album.
- 9pm - 10pm:Request Show- Tuesday Night's RequestsThe Tuesday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 10pm - 11pm:James Byers- Electric RadiolandHave you ever been to Electric Radioland? James invites you to enter into a place where anything can, and probably WILL happen. You have been warned!
- 11pm - 12am:RNP- Non-Stop MusicAn hour of non-stop music for your listening pleasure. Everything from classic tracks to today's best new sounds.