Member rewarded and recognised
Tuesday, 7th February 2012
A Radio Northwick Park member has been recognised for his dedication and won the station £200.
Mark Sedgwick, who has been a volunteer for just under a year, won the Jack Petchey award, last week.
The Jack Petchey Foundation rewards programmes and projects that benefit young people.
Volunteers Coordinator Jade Wight said: “Mark has only been a volunteer at Radio Northwick Park for a little under a year, but he has already proved himself to be an invaluable and popular member of the team.
“Mark is a dedicated volunteer, an excellent request collector and a popular presenter. Mark exemplifies what a RNP member should do and how they should act and is well deserving of this award.”
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 7am - 8am:Sarika & Ed- Classical CollectionEd and Sarika begin the day with relaxing and uplifting classical music. Join them as they explore the life of their Composer of the Day.
- 8am - 10am:RNP- Non-Stop MusicAn hour of non-stop music for your listening pleasure. Everything from classic tracks to today's best new sounds.
- 10am - 12pm:Ben Punter- Daily AllowanceTwo hours of quirky pop, classic rock & live music with an irreverent look at the world. Featuring 30 minutes of a certain music genre in The Wall of Sound.
- 12pm - 1pm:Steve Pinchen- Raiding the DecadesThinking caps on as classic tracks are played from a particular year from the '50's to the '00's with news and events too; but can you guess which year?
- 1pm - 2pm:Vic Moont- 100 Years Of The London PalladiumA snapshot of artists and entertainers that have made the London Palladium the most famous variety theatre in the world over the past 100 years.
- 2pm - 3pm:Adam Glynn & Team- Genius PlaylistThe team's accepted mission: play music in which every song is tenuously linked to the next. They'll play anything and everything so long as there's a link.
- 3pm - 4pm:Carl Gardner- SoundboardCarl presents a mixture of jazz, contemporary and classical music from this millennium and the last, and from all over the world.
- 4pm - 5pm:Morwenna Cox- Beginners' Guide to BritpopAn introduction or a reminder of the tunes and the scene that made the mid to late 90's such a great time to be a music fan.
- 5pm - 6pm:Rebekah Marsh- Mid-Week MuddleWind down the afternoon with a mid-week mixtape. With features like 'cover by another brother' and 'blast on the half past'.
- 6pm - 7pm:Tony McNab- The Take OverFor one hour, the airwaves belongs to Tony - as he plays a selection of tunes you're sure to love. Tune in, and find out what he has in store for you this week!
- 7pm - 8pm:Stuart Kent- Music From The ShedGreat songs from the 1990's, 1980's and 1970's...in that order! You can count on the fact that this show never does anything by halves.
- 8pm - 9pm:Sital Ladva- Sounds From The StreetA Megamix music hour playing a random mix of music ranging from Old Skool R'n'B to 80's pop and right up to today's hottest sounds from the street.
- 9pm - 10pm:Request Show- Wednesday Night's RequestsThe Wednesday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 10pm - 11pm:Nick Edwards- The Eclectic BallroomNick plays songs from across the musical spectrum for your aural pleasure. There is only one rule: if it's good, he'll play it.
- 11pm - 12am:The Comedy Hour- Various ArtistsAfter a long day packed with music, what better way to end the day, than a good old laugh?