Member rewarded and recognised
Tuesday, 7th February 2012
A Radio Northwick Park member has been recognised for his dedication and won the station £200.
Mark Sedgwick, who has been a volunteer for just under a year, won the Jack Petchey award, last week.
The Jack Petchey Foundation rewards programmes and projects that benefit young people.
Volunteers Coordinator Jade Wight said: “Mark has only been a volunteer at Radio Northwick Park for a little under a year, but he has already proved himself to be an invaluable and popular member of the team.
“Mark is a dedicated volunteer, an excellent request collector and a popular presenter. Mark exemplifies what a RNP member should do and how they should act and is well deserving of this award.”
On Air Now
- 24 Hour SystemMore MusicAll your favourite songs one after the other, picked from our extensive music library and spanning the decades.
- 7am - 8am:Sarika & Ed- Classical CollectionEd and Sarika begin the day with relaxing and uplifting classical music. Join them as they explore the life of their Composer of the Day.
- 8am - 10am:RNP- Non-Stop MusicAn hour of non-stop music for your listening pleasure. Everything from classic tracks to today's best new sounds.
- 10am - 12pm:Ben Punter- Daily AllowanceTwo hours of quirky pop, classic rock & live music with an irreverent look at the world. Featuring 30 minutes of a certain music genre in The Wall of Sound.
- 12pm - 1pm:Steve Pinchen- Raiding the DecadesThinking caps on as classic tracks are played from a particular year from the '50's to the '00's with news and events too; but can you guess which year?
- 1pm - 2pm:Keith Chilvers- The Britpop SpecialJoin Keith on a journey through the music that made the 1990s. Featuring the likes of Blur, Suede, Sleeper, and Dodgy
- 2pm - 3pm:Adam Glynn & Team- Genius PlaylistThe team's accepted mission: play music in which every song is tenuously linked to the next. They'll play anything and everything so long as there's a link.
- 3pm - 4pm:Carl Gardner- SoundboardCarl presents a mixture of jazz, contemporary and classical music from this millennium and the last, and from all over the world.
- 4pm - 5pm:Emma Brooks- Abba to ZappaJoin Emma as she explores the music of the last five decades with an alphabetical twist. Relax, have a sing, or just remember the good times.
- 5pm - 6pm:Vic Moont- The Dixieland Country ShowAn electric mix of traditional jazz and country music along with music from the golden age of song writing and the great song stylists.
- 6pm - 7pm:Steve Pinchen- One Hit WonderlandThe superb Steve is back again, but this time bringing you a plethora of one-hit wonders - those songs from artists who just seemed to disappear...
- 7pm - 8pm:Trevor James- It's Your WeekendTrevor brings you the latest local news and a round up of all the weekend's upcoming sporting action, with a great mix of music.
- 8pm - 9pm:Atul Radia- Laughter, The Best MedicineYour favourite music, interspersed with comedy sketches and Atul's unique sense of humour. This is sure to crack you up.
- 9pm - 10pm:Request Show- Friday Night's RequestsThe Friday team play your favourites songs as chosen by you! Contact the studio for free on *800 from your bedside handset, or on 020 8869 3959.
- 10pm - 12am:Amit Gami- The Asian InvasionPrepare for Amit to raid the airwaves as he brings you the best in Asian music, to round off your Friday night in style.